About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Blueberry Kuchen

This recipe is from a Taste of Home cookbook that my friend Liz had and let me borrow. Now if you know me you know that I HATE to bake and when I do the recipe HAS to be very easy and simple, well this covers the gambit!

Blueberry Kuchen

1 1/2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
*1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 c milk
1/4 c butter
1 egg beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 c fresh or frozen blueberries

Topping;
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c flour
1/4 c melted butter

In a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients. Add milk, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat for 2 mins. Pour into a greased 9x13 and sprinkle with blueberries. In a bowl combine topping ingredients and toss with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberries. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 mins until lightly browned. Yield 12 servings.

*When I made this I thought it had too much nutmeg so the next time I make it I will only put in half of the nutmeg and replace the other half with cinnamon. I also forgot to add the lemon peel and it tasted wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment