About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Strawberry Agua Fresca

I had a bunch of strawberries that I didn't know what to do with and while I was surfing the Internet for recipes with strawberries I came across this and thought it was so simple that I just had to try it. It is very refreshing!

With the weather outside reaching the high 90's and the heat index of 115 degrees I made this into an even more refreshing drink by adding raspberry flavored vodka! It was FANTASTIC! This would also be great with coconut rum too!

Strawberry Agua Fresca

Yield: 2-3 servings

1 lb strawberries, stems removed and sliced in half
2 1/2 cups cold water
3 to 4 tablespoons sugar
juice of two limes

Puree the strawberries in a blender. Set a fine mesh strainer on top of a pitcher and pour the strawberries through to filter out the seeds. Push the strawberries into the strainer to release all of the juices. Discard the seeds. Add water, sugar and lime juice to the pitcher; stir well until sugar dissolves. Chill or pour into individual cups with ice before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment