About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Broccoli Rice Casserole

I was looking for some new ideas for dinners and I found this great recipe while surfing the Taste of Home recipes. Dave said "This is a keeper!".

Broccoli Rice Casserole

1 small onion, chopped
1/2 c chopped celery
3 c frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 tbsp butter
1 8 oz jar process cheese sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 5 oz can evaporated milk
3 c cooked rice

In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and broccoli in butter for 3-5 minutes until crisp tender. Stir in the cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth. Place rice in a greased 8 inch square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over rice; do not stir. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Yield 8-10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment