About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Sugo & Meatball

This recipe comes from my friend Renee who's family is directly from Italy. This is the BEST spaghetti and meatballs you will ever taste, however, once you make and taste this you will NEVER buy canned or jar sauce again!!!

Sugo and Meatballs

3 lb lean ground beef
2 eggs
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
1/4 c water
3/4 c bread crumbs
1/4 c fresh parsley (chopped)
handful of Romano cheese
3 cloves garlic, pressed
salt and pepper

Mix together and let rest for 20 minutes. Form into balls and fry in olive oil and put 2 cloves of garlic (whole) in pan. When done frying, remove meat balls and garlic. Take one can of tomato paste and stir into grease in pan, add salt & pepper. Add tomato sauce, 1 gallon, and meat balls. add 1/4 c Romano cheese to sauce cook over med low heat for about two hours or until grease comes to the top of the sauce.

This freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment