About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Red White and Blue Sangria

I am really into Sangria lately and love all kinds. I came across this recipe while blog surfing and thought it would be perfect to make for the 4th of July and it was! I had my brother and sister in law over for dinner and made it and we all really liked it and the best thing about it was it is very easy to make!!

Red White and Blue Sangria

2 bottles of dry white wine, I used Riesling because I like my sangria very sweet
1 c triple sec
1/2 c berry flavored vodka
1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 c simple syrup
1 c blueberries
1 1/2 c hulled and sliced strawberries
1 c raspberries
1 1/2 c pineapple chunks

Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl or pitcher and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Serve well-chilled with a good scoop of fruit in each drink, or serve over ice. Serves 8 - 10.

Tips:
  • To make the simple syrup use 1/2 c water and a 1/2 c granulated white sugar. Turn heat to simmer and stir until dissolved. Turn off the heat and let cool.
  • Only use fresh fruit for this recipe, frozen just doesn't work.
  • Make fun shapes from your pineapple. Use a tiny cookie cutter and cut your pineapple into long and wide pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment