About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Microwave Oatmeal Bars

Here's another Taste of Home recipe that is just way too easy! The hardest thing about this recipe was finding a 9" pan that was microwaveable!

Microwave Oatmeal Bars

2 c quick cooking oats
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c melted butter
1/4 c corn syrup
1 c semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix oats and sugar, add butter and syrup. Mix and press into a 9" microwaveable square pan. Microwave uncovered on high for 2 mins. rotate and cook another 2 mins. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Microwave for 6 mins at 30% power or until chocolate is glossy. Spread chocolate evenly over bars and refrigerate 15-20 mins before cutting. Yield 8-10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment