About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Almost Homemade Chicken and Noodles

This recipe I came across while blog hopping and just had to try it because it was almost unbelievable at how easy it was and just how few ingredients there were. It was an instant hit with both Dave and myself! It is really a keeper! Thanks Becky B for this great recipe!

Almost Homemade Chicken and Noodles

1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 4.5 oz can chicken breast
1 16 oz bag Reames frozen homestyle noodles
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried minced onion
2 tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot mix together broth and soup.
Drain chicken breast, shred with a fork and
add to pot. Add the rest of the ingredients except
for the noodles and bring to a boil. Add noodles
and simmer until noodles are tender, about 15
mins.
Yields 8 1 cup servings

This is Weight Watcher friendly and 1 cup is
equal to 5 points!

When I made this I did add another can of chicken
broth as my noodles soaked up a lot of the juice but
I guessed at the amount of noodles since I had a
larger bag of noodles than needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment