About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Paul Harvey's Wild Rice Soup

This is a recipe that I got from my sister-in-law Wendy and it was oh so good. It is very easy and very fast if you have already made the wild rice.

Paul Harvey's Wild Rice Soup

1/2 c uncooked, wild rice
2 c water
2 tbsp butter
1 med onion, minced
1 qt milk
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 lb Velveeta cheese
10 strips of crisp bacon, crumbled

In sauce pan prepare the wild rice according to package directions. Saute onions in butter until tender. Add water, milk and soup. Increase to med stirring occasionally. When the mixture is hot, add cheese in chunks. When creamy add wild rice. Garnish with crumbled bacon.

Serves 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment