About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cheeseburger Soup

Here's a great recipe for when it's chilly outside and you want to stay warm inside! Cook up a batch of this and you can't help but have that warm and cozy feeling!

Cheeseburger Soup

3 lbs hamburger
1 medium onion
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp beef base
3 c water
6 potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 stalks celery
1 c chopped carrots
3 1/2 c milk
4 c velveeta (1 -32 oz box)

Brown hamburger and onion, drain. Add water, garlic, beef base, celery, carrots and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are done, about 20 minutes. Add milk and flour/water mixture to thicken. Add cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is melted. Be very careful as the cheese burns easily, I usually put it in the crock pot right before adding the cheese and letting the cheese melt slowly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment