About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken

My friend and co-worker, Stefanie, gave me this recipe and Dave and I LOVED it! It is very easy and incredibly tasty.

Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken

1/2 c Dijon mustard
1/2 c honey
4 1/2 tsp canola oil, divided
1/2 tsp lemon juice
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
dash paprika
2 c sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp butter
1 c shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
8 strips bacon, partially cooked
2 tsp minced fresh parsley

In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1 1/2 tsp oil and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 c into a large plastic bag and add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.

Drain and discard the marinade from the chicken. In a large skillet over med heat, brown the chicken in the remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer to a greased 11x7 baking dish.

In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.

Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-25 mins or until thermometer reads 170. Sprinkle with parsley. Yields 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment