About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Zuppa Toscana

My friend Anita made this soup for a bunch of us for coming to her Pampered Chef party. She makes the BEST homemade bread and she served some of that with this soup. I hope you will try this and I am told that it is even better than the stuff Olive Garden makes!!

Zuppa Toscana

1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced onion
4 tbsp bacon pieces
2 tsp garlic puree
10 c water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 c heavy cream
1 lb sliced russet potatoes (about 3 large)
Bunch of Kale

Saute sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat. Refrigerate while preparing other ingredients.
In the same pan, saute bacon , onion and garlic over low -med heat (about 15 mins until soft).
Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil.
Add sliced potatoes and cook just until soft, about 30 mins
Add heavy cream, cook till thoroughly heated. Stir in sausage and kale and heat through.

Yields 6-8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment