About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ship Wreck Casserole

Many years ago my mom was in the hospital and was served this for dinner. She loved it so much that she asked if the cook would give her the recipe! Now most people HATE hospital food but not my mom, she always said it tastes better when someone else does the cooking! ha ha ha I have to agree but not hospital food! I am sure you learned along the way that "Mom is ALWAYS right" and this is not exception, this recipe is GREAT!

Ship Wreck Casserole

1/2 bag shredded hash brown potatoes, frozen
1 lb hamburger
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1/2 lb American or cheddar cheese, shredded
Mix together:
4 c cornflakes
1/4 c melted butter

Brown hamburger and onions, drain off grease. In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, soups and cheese. Combine potatoes with hamburger and onions mix together. Grease a 9x13 pan and put hamburger, potato mixture in pan. Cover with sour cream and soup mixture. Top with cornflake mixture and bake 3o mins at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment