About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Arroz Verde (Green Rice)

My good friend Kellee made this for me when I visited her in Florida a couple of years ago. She is an awesome cook and she made this for me along with Fish Tacos and it is GREAT! Worth the effort to make it!

Arroz Verde (Green Rice)

1/2 c tightly packed fresh cilantro sprigs
1 c tightly packed fresh stemmed spinach leaves
1 1/4 c chicken broth
1 1/4 c milk
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 1/2 c Jasmine rice
1 1/2 c finely minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced

Put the cilantro, spinach and broth into a blender cup and blend until pureed. Add milk and salt and blend until well combined. Heat the olive oil and butter in a medium pan with a good lid. When the butter is melted add the rise and saute until it begins to brown, 3-4 mins. Add the onions and garlic cook 1 min more. Add the cilantro & spinach puree and bring to a boil. Cover and turn to low cook 20 mins. Stir rice carefully and cook another 5 mins. Remove from heat and let steam for 10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment