About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

German Potato Salad

This recipe is from Cathy's mom, Joann who was a great cook. I am not one who likes German Potato Salad but I LOVED it when Joann made it. She gave me her recipe but there is a stipulation with this and that is you CAN NOT double the batch. She said it will not work if you do, so heed her warning if you make this one!

German Potato Salad
Boil 5 lbs potatoes
Fry 4 lbs bacon (drain and save grease)
Mix:
1 c water
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c vinegar
2 t salt
2 T corn starch
3 T bacon fat
Mix and bring to a boil till clear. Pour
over potatoes and bacon and mix well.
Put in crock pot and keep warm

No comments:

Post a Comment