About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Taco Macaroni Skillet

My friend Jo made this for her husband and he gave her the thumbs up on it so she copied the recipe and brought it to work for me. Of course I had to make it right away and it was GREAT!!! Not only is it easy it's a one pot dish and no oven required! Thank goodness for the no oven part because the day I made it, it was 90 degrees!!!




Taco Macaroni Skillet

12 oz lean ground beef, I used 1 lb
2 c water
1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, un-drained
1 4 oz can diced green chilies
1 pkg taco seasoning
2/3 c evaporated milk
1 c cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
1 1/2 c elbow macaroni noodles

Cook beef in a large skillet that has a lid, stirring frequently until brown,
drain. Stir in water, tomatoes, chilies and taco seasoning. Cook until
mixture comes to a boil. Add pasta and return to a boil. Reduce heat
to low, cover and cook stirring occasionally for 14-16 mins or until
pasta is tender. Stir in evaporated milk. Remove from the heat and
stir in 1/4 c cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, cover and let
stand 5-10 mins before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment