About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Patsy's Rib Roast

Here's a fool proof way to make Prime Rib! Dave and I had our family over for Christmas and paid $96.00 for a prime rib because we got the great idea to try something new. Well after spending that much money we surely didn't want to ruin this and not be able to eat it. Gloria, a girl that I work with, gave me this recipe and told me that it was fool proof and worked out every time. So being the trusting person I am tried this recipe and it was the BEST Prime Rib I have ever had. The first time you make this you will sit on pins and needles and you will want to open that oven door but heed the warning when it says DO NOT OPEN THAT DOOR do not open the door!!!!! 


Patsy's Rib Roast

Start with a 5 lb roast. Start at 11 am, salt and pepper the roast. Heat the oven to 375 degrees, roast your meat for one hour. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!!!!! After one hour turn off the oven and then at 3 pm turn the oven back on and cook the roast at 300 degrees for 45 mins DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR. Take the roast out of the oven immediately, it's done.  I let mine rest for about 7-10 mins to let the juices redistribute.

Put the bones to the bottom of the pan and DO NOT ADD WATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment