About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Au gratin Potatoes and Ham

I was searching the Internet for something to do with my leftover ham from Christmas and I came across this recipe and it is awesome and easy to make.



Au gratin Potatoes and Ham


1 lb chopped ham

3 1/2 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced thin

3 1/4 c milk

1/4 c butter

6 tbsp flour

8 oz sharp cheddar cheese*

4 oz smoked cheddar cheese*

2 tbsp Dijon mustard

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper*


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9x13 pan. Layer ham

and potatoes. In a sauce pan melt butter, add flour and cook 1-2

minutes. Add milk and cook 4-5 minutes until thick, add cheese

mustard and cayenne pepper. Stir over low heat until cheese melts.

Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over potatoes and ham.

Bake uncovered 90 minutes, stirring once or twice so top does not

become too brown.



*I didn't have the sharp cheddar cheese or the smoked cheddar cheese so I used

8 oz of mild cheddar cheese and 4 oz pepper jack cheese. I also didn't have any

cayenne pepper so I used some Siracha (Chinese pepper sauce) I also salted and peppered

each potato layer but be careful, ham is salty so you must go easy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment