About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Carrot Cake

I recently went to Sam's club and bought a bag of carrots, now you know that there is nothing small  at Sam's club so I think my bag of carrots was about 5 lbs of carrots! Well there is only two of us here and I didn't iknow what to do with all of those carrots so I went recipe hunting on line and came across this recipe from Camden LeeMaster. It was easy and very, very good! I'll be making this one again and again!

Carrot Cake

1 c oil
2 c white sugar
3 eggs, beaten well
2 c carrots, peeled and grated finely
1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, un-drained
2 tsp vanilla
3 c flour (you can replace 1 c flour with whole wheat flour for a denser, nuttier taste)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix oil, sugar, eggs, carrots, pineapple and vanilla until combined.
Mix dry ingredients n a bowl and add slowly to the wet ingredients. To make a 9x13 cake, pour into
a greased 9x12 pan and bake for 45 mins.

To make a 2 layer cake use 2 round pans and bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick comes out
clean. If using 2 round pans make sure to really grease or use parchment cut into circles so that your
cake comes out clean. Invert cakes onto a cooling rack.

When the cake has cooled frost with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 c softened butter
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb (4 cups) powered sugar

Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and then powdered sugar
one cup at a time, scraping the bowl often. Frost the carrot cake.

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, sounds like you’ve had a lot of veggies on your hands recently! That carrot cake sounds like a delicious way to make use of your extra carrots. If you’re ever looking for another tasty way to bake with carrots (and another excuse to eat cream cheese frosting), I would definitely suggest checking out the Simply Delicious Meals recipe for Spice Carrot Cupcakes at samsclub.com/meals. Happy baking! – Ramona from Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete