About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Creamy Carrot Soup

Here's another great recipe I found on All Recipes. I did make this recipe into my own I didn't follow the recipe exact. Here's my version and Dave gave it 2 thumbs up and said make it again.

Creamy Carrot Soup

1 1/2 c chicken broth
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
Cook together until carrots are tender. In a blender or food processor, blend carrots in 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid, set aside.
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Flour
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 shakes red pepper flakes
Melt butter and the flour, basil, parsley and red pepper flakes. Cook just a few minutes.
Add 1 c Half & Half all at once. Cook until mixture bubbles and thickens. Add the carrot puree, and the rest of the chicken broth adding more until the soup is liquid but creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.

This is where the recipe stops but I thought it needed a little more so I added a few shakes of ground ginger and a few shakes of curry powder. You can add as little or as much as you like depending on your taste for these two spices.

Weight Watcher Old Points - 3 pts per cup

No comments:

Post a Comment