About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Healthy Cabbage Soup

I made this recipe because I had some cabbage and I didn't know what to do with it as I bought it thinking that I had a corned beef in the freezer but I didn't. I found this recipe on All Recipes and I LOVE it! It is easy to make and great tasting too!



Healthy Cabbage Soup
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 quarts water
  • 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
  • 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
  • 1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced
  1. In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
  2. Stir in water, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
  3. Stir in tomatoes. Return to a boil, then simmer 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often.
I didn't have Italian-style stewed tomatoes so I used a can of petite diced tomatoes, drained them and added some Italian seasoning, stirred it together and let it sit for a few minutes and it worked just fine. You could add meat such as chicken or ground beef but then you will have to add more points. 
Weight Watcher's old points - 1 point per cup

No comments:

Post a Comment