About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Homemade Croutons

I haven't bough croutons for years because they are so very easy to make and very inexpensive too! I get my bread from Wal-Mart in the day old section and I get my loaves for about $.96 cents. One loaf makes a TON of croutons and as you can see by my photo I am not kidding!



Homemade Croutons

Day old bread, what ever you can buy cheap
Olive oil or whatever kind of oil you have
Canned Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Rosemary
Salt & pepper

I eyeball all ingredients. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Add oil to a bowl and add all your seasonings. I do taste this to make sure I like the taste, set aside for flavors to meld. Cut your bread into cubes, whatever size you like. Pour oil mixture over bread cubes, stirring to coat well. Pour onto a cookie sheet and bake, stirring every 15-20 minutes until completely dried. You can top your salads with these, eat them as a snack, (yes they are that good!) and you can also top your cream soups with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment