About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Onion Rye Appetizers

I found this recipe on Taste of Home's website and made it for a football party that Dave had and everyone loved them. I highly recommend making them for your next party.

Onion Rye Appetizers

1 can french fried onions, crushed
3/4 crumbled cooked bacon
1/2 c mayonnaise
3 c shredded swiss cheese
1 jar (14oz) pizza sauce
1 loaf snack rye bread

In a large bowl, combine the onions, bacon, mayonnaise and Swiss cheese. Spread about 1
tsp pizza sauce on each slice of bread. Top with about 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture. Bake on
an ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

You can make these ahead of time and freeze them for later use. If you do, cover them and freeze on a single layer. To use frozen place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes. These will keep frozen for 2 months.

Yield 20 appetizers

No comments:

Post a Comment