About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Hummus Emeril Style

I LOVE hummus and I was watching Emeril Lagasse on TV and he made this recipe. It looked so easy and since I tried a million recipes for hummus and still hadn't found one I liked I gave this one a try and it's a real winner!

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Ingredients
3 cups canned chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
1 roasted red bell pepper, skinned, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup tahini
2 tablespoons water
4 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika

Directions

In the bowl of a food processor, place the chickpeas and red bell pepper. On a cutting board, mash the garlic cloves with 1/4 teaspoon of salt to a smooth paste with the side of a knife, then add this to the processor along with the crushed red pepper, tahini, water, 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, cumin, and pepper and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Taste and adjust the seasoning by adding salt and additional lemon juice, if necessary, to taste. Serve with pita chips for dipping.

I do a few things differently when I make this. I use jarred roasted red peppers, I mince the garlic, I just load up the processor starting with the first ingredient and go right down the list and I use more oil when I process this.

No comments:

Post a Comment