About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another Hummus

I bought a bag of avocados and I was looking for ways to use them other than on my sandwiches, by the way they are a great replacement for mayo, and I found this recipe and gave it a try. I really liked it.
Avocado Hummus
1 fully ripe avocado, cut into chunks
1 cup rinsed canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1/3 c chopped onions
2 large cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
Crackers or Pita chips
Blend all ingredients except crackers/pita chips in blender until smooth
Transfer to a bowl, refrigerate 1 hour.
I made this in my blender and I could not get it to blend so I would recommend
using a food processor instead. I had to add quite a bit of olive oil to get it to
blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment