About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mom's Thanksgiving Dressing

We all have recipes that we grew up with and when we make them for others they say "Yuck!" Well this is one of many recipes that I grew up with that is special only to my family. I told you in previous posts that my mom wasn't the best cook and the only spices she ever used was salt and pepper. She always gave cooking a good try but baking was really her forte. Now when you read the ingredients you also think "Yuck" but this is my brothers and my favorite dressing to have at Thanksgiving and think of my mom every time I make this.

Mom's Thanksgiving Dressing

onion, chopped
bread, old or fresh
salt
nutmeg

Heat a small amount of oil in frying pan. Add the onion and fry until the onion is transparent. Meanwhile, wet bread, squeezing out water. Add bread to fry pan, fry. add salt and nutmeg to taste. Add more water to fry pan and cook most of the water out. Serve and enjoy!

At Thanksgiving she would add the giblets of the turkey and instead of water she would use broth from cooking the giblets.

No comments:

Post a Comment