About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Garlicky Green Beans

I found this recipe in a cook book many years ago and thought that I would try it. I love going to the Chinese buffets and the green beans are my most favorite item on the buffet and these come very close to tasting the same!

Garlicky Green Beans

1 lb fresh green beans
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c white wine
1 tsp chicken bouillon
black pepper to taste

Trim beans and wash and drain well. Heat oil and butter on medium to high heat in a 12 inch non-stick pan. Add the beans and stir to coat with the butter and oil mixture. Stir occasionally. Meanwhile, peel and mince garlic and add to the pan. Lower the heat to med and cook stirring for 4-5 mins. or until beans turn bright green throughout.
Add the wine and bouillon. Raise the heat to high and bring everything to a sizzle. Lower the heat t0 medium stirring frequently for 5 mins. or until beans are crisp tender. Season with pepper to taste and serve at once.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment