About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mexican Salad

Many years ago my mother-in-law gave me a recipe that I liked so much and it makes a lot so I have taken it to many functions and got rave reviews every time!

Mexican Salad

1 lb hamburger browned and drained
add 1 packet of taco seasoning, no water
Chop a small head of lettuce into small pieces and set aside.
1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
1 small can ripe olives sliced and drained, optional
1 lb grated cheddar cheese
1 tomato diced
1 package taco flavored tortilla chips, crushed
1 small bottle of Catalina dressing

Toss all ingredients together except chips and dressing. Right before serving, add chips and dressing and serve in a large salad bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment