About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Italian Chicken Casserole

I found this recipe on Pinterest and had all the ingredients to make it on hand so I thought I'd give it a try. It was a winner, according to Dave, so I guess it's a keeper!



Italian Chicken Casserole

  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 cup Onion, Chopped
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Chopped
  • 3 cups Cooked Chicken, Cubed
  • 2 cans Diced Tomatoes With Garlic, Basil, Oregano, 14 Ounce Cans
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream
  • 1 package 3 Ounces Cream Cheese
  • 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 8 ounces, weight Angel Hair Pasta, Cooked According To Package Instructions, And Kept Warm
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.

In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; cook, stirring constantly until cheeses are melted. Add the cooked pasta, tossing gently to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Bake 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment