About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Red Lobster Cheesy Bread

I made this just to see if it would compare to the real Red Lobster biscuits but there isn't any comparrison, Red Lobster's biscuits are way better but this bread was actually really good and it would be really good with chili! The next time I make this I will add about 3-4 minced garlic cloves as I think that it would be a great addition and add some needed flavor.






Red Lobster Cheesy Bread

  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten

Heat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
In a bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Carefully stir in cheese cubes until covered in flour mixture. This will help prevent your cheese sinking to the bottom of your loaf of bread.
In a different bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Fold the wet mixture into the flour and cheese mixture. Stir until just combined. Do not over stir.  Batter will be thick and sticky. Spread the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Allow to cool for one hour before slicing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment