About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Prime Rib Roast

I made Prime Rib this year for Thanksgiving and I really didn't know how to make one as I have never done it before. My friend Gloria from work gave me this recipe and she said it was fool proof so being the trusting person I am took her advise and used this recipe and it was WONDERFUL! It really is fool proof and you will have to try this one for sure!

Prime Rib Roast

5 lb roast or there abouts. Start at 11:00, salt and pepper the roast. Heat the oven to 375 degrees and add roast bones down. If you are cooking a boneless roast you must put it on a rack. Do not add any water, broth or anything else to the pan. Bake the roast for 1 hour, turn off the oven and DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN UNTIL THE RECIPE TELLS YOU TO. This step is VERY important and please do not ask me why but I didn't open the oven, as much as I really, really wanted to I didn't. At 3:00 turn the oven back on to 375 degrees for an additional 45 minutes. Take the roast out of the oven and it is done. Your roast will come out med rare to med.

I did a 7 lb roast and followed this recipe to a T but my roast was more rare, you will need to add some additional time to the last baking time for a larger roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment