About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Chickpea Garlic Dip

My man Dave always makes the best appetizers but at Thanksgiving he wasn't feeling all that well and at the last minute told me he wasn't making anything. Now I had about an hour before our guests were to arrive for appetizers and drinks so I had to scramble. I got out the lap top and came across this recipe from a blog called Kitchen Simplicity and this is simplicity at it's best! You know by now I am a hummus freak but this one has to be added to my top 5! This also makes a GREAT sandwich spread so if you have any leftovers, try it on your next sandwich.

Chickpea Garlic Dip

I found 4 cloves of garlic quite overwhelming so I would start with two and add more to taste.
•1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained (reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid)
•1/2 cup mayonnaise
•2-4 garlic cloves, peeled
•1 tablespoon lemon juice
•1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. I did not need the reserved Tbsp of liquid but if yours is not spreadable, add the extra liquid. Serve this with pita chips, tortilla chips or fresh veggies.

Makes: 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment