About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Banana Carrot Bread

I was looking for some new recipes that used ripe bananas and I really didn't want to make the same old banana bread and then I came across this recipe and I did have some carrots that I needed to use up so I thought I'd give these a try. I did not make this into a loaf instead I made them into muffins and they were really good. I took them into work and everyone really liked them too!

Banana Carrot Bread

Ingredients

· 1/3 cup vegetable oil
· 1 cup sugar
· 2 eggs
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
· 1 cup grated carrots
· 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions
1. In a mixing bowl, combine oil and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas. Stir in carrots and pecans. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment