About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Mexican Breakfast Sandwiches

I found this idea on one of the blogs that I haunt and thought it sounded different so I tried it and I LOVED it! I am the kind of person that needs a variety of breakfast choices and can not just eat cereal or toast every morning. This is very easy and can be served warm or cold!

Mexican Breakfast Sandwiches

Eggs
Flour Tortillas
Re-fried Beans
Cheese
Butter
Sour Cream
Salsa

Butter one side of two tortillas and place one, butter side down, onto pan. Spread beans over the entire tortilla and top with cheese. Put pan on med heat and let start to cook. In another pan cook two eggs, breaking the yolks. When eggs are cooked slide them onto the bean and cheese topped tortilla and add just a little more cheese to the eggs and top with second tortilla butter side up. Flip so the top tortilla cooks. Cook until golden brown and crisp. Cut with a pizza cutter into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.

You can make these smaller by only using one tortilla and spread the beans over half and put the cheese on the other half. Cook add your egg and flip the tortilla in half just like you would an omelet.

These would be GREAT for a brunch, they can be made ahead of time and just warmed up in the oven or on top of the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment