About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chowmein Noodle Casserole

If you are like me and when you make rice you make enough for an army, this recipe is for you! I was looking for a recipe to use my left over rice and came across this. Now I didn't bake this in the oven I just served it over the chowmein noodles since it was way too hot to turn on the oven. Next time I make this I will try it in the oven!

Chowmein Noodle Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 c cooked rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c water
3 tbsp soy sauce
5 ounces chow mein noodles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet over med high heat, saute the ground beef for 5 mins. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 mins more. In a bowl combine the rice, soup water and soy sauce mix well. Add to the beef mixture. Pour this into a lightly greased 9x13 pan and top with chow mein noodles. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment