About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Bark

Deb made this for us to try at work over the holidays and it was super good! I am not the biggest peanut butter fan but I have to admit that it was very good and very easy to make!

Reese's Peanut Butter Bark

2 pkgs (4oz) semi sweet chocolate baking bar, broken into pieces
1 2/3 c Reese's peanut butter chips
1 tbsp shortening
1/2 c peanuts or toasted almonds, coarsely chopped (Optional)

Cover cookie sheet with wax paper. Place chocolate in a microwave
safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 min; stir. If necessary cook
an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until
chocolate is smooth. Immediately place peanut butter chips and
shortening in another microwave safe bowl microwave for 1 min; stir.
If necessary cook an additional 30 seconds, stirring until smooth. Stir in nuts. Alternately spoon mixtures onto prepared tray. Swirl with a knife for the
marbled effect. Gently tap tray on counter to even out the thickness.
Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces and store in
a cool dry place.

No comments:

Post a Comment