About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Extra Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese

For New Years Eve Dave and I stayed home and had our own ham dinner. I found a recipe in a book called Taste of the South for this mac and cheese and it was fabulous! Dave had 3 helpings of this so you KNOW that it was good!!!

Extra Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese

6 tbsp butter
1/2 c all-purpose flour
3 c whole milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
5 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
12 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked according to pkg and drained

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large
stockpot melt butter over med heat. Add flour, whisking well. Cook, whisking frequently until
thickened 2-3 mins. Add milk, whisk to get rid of all lumps. Cook until thickened, 5-6 mins. Add salt, pepper, mustard and nutmeg to milk mixture, whisking well. Add mozzarella cheese, 4 c cheddar cheese and all of the Velveeta. Stir until all cheese is melted. Add cooked noodles and pour into prepared pan. T0p with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese has melted, 4 - 5 mins.

Serves 12

No comments:

Post a Comment