About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Holiday Cranberry Chutney

I made this for all my work friends and managers this year for Christmas. It was very easy to do and very festive as well. I put it in little jars and decorated the lids with some punched snowflakes. I highly recommend this for your next holiday get together.

Holiday Cranberry Chutney

1 12 oz pkg fresh cranberries
1 1/4 c sugar
3/4 c water
1 lg cooking apple, chopped finely
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

In a sauce pan combine all ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat, simmer for 15-20 mins or until apple is tender and mixture
thickens. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.

Serve this with pork or as a an appetizer serve over a block of cream cheese
and with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment