About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup

It was a rainy day here and all I could think about was soup. I had some 1/2 and 1/2 that I had to use up so I thought I'd made Tomato Basil Soup and I found this recipe on Allrecipes and it's a winner!!

Tomato Basil Soup

1 14 0z can crushed tomatoes
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 can chicken broth
9 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp sugar
1/2 c half and half
1/4 c butter
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp sherry

Melt butter and cook onions and garlic until onions are tender but not browned. add tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add basil and sugar. Reduce heat to low, stir in half and half and sherry. Heat through and serve.

Yeilds 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment