About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Three Packet Pot Roast Sliders

Last weekend I went to an art day with my Wisconsin friends and we always bring and try new recipes. I brought and made the beer bread, from the previous post, and I brought everything to make these sliders. The sliders were FANTASTIC and very easy to make! I will definitely be making these again! I got this recipe off of a blog called Sis Sister's Stuff they have some really good recipes and ideas!


Slow Cooker Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders
Roast:
1 3-4 lb beef roast
1 cup water
1 cup salsa
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mix

Whisk together water, salsa and seasoning packets. Place roast in slow cooker. Pour seasoning mixture over roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
If you want to make sliders:
Three Envelope Pot Roast recipe (above), shredded
1 pkg. King's Hawaiian Rolls
Sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice per slider)
Cut each roll in half and place on a baking sheet. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each roll. Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on low. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until edges of the rolls are golden and cheese has melted (be sure to watch them closely so they don't burn!). Remove baking sheet from oven. I didn't do this part we just ate it directly from the crock pot to the bun and then topped it with cheese. I meat was warm enough to just melt the cheese with out having to broil them.

We didn't broil these we just made sandwiches right from the crock pot and the meat was hot enough to melt the cheese without broiling them!

No comments:

Post a Comment