About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday Sangria

I made this sangria for Christmas and it was fantastic plus the star fruit made this so very festive

Holiday Sangria

Ingredients

2 bottles Merlot
1 bottle ginger ale
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground clove
4 to 6 oranges or tangelos
6 to 10 cinnamon sticks
1/2 bag of cranberries

Directions

In a medium pot, combine Merlot, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Let simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
Pour immediately into a sealed pitcher or other container. Chop apples and add them along with the cinnamon sticks to the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.  Add ice and ginger ale to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment