About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baked Beans

This recipe I got from my friend Renee. She brought these to a pot luck and everyone had to have this recipe.

Baked Beans

2 lbs great northern beans
1/2 lb salt pork
3 slices pork steak
2/3 c brown sugar
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 c dark molasses
ketchup to taste
salt and pepper

Wash beans and cover with water and soak overnight. Bring
the beans to a boil and simmer until skins loosen, or beans
split. Fry the salt pork and pork steak until brown. When
beans are boiled add the meat and onion, boil 5 mins.
Add brown sugar, molasses, salt, pepper and ketchup.
Bake at 350 degrees until done

No comments:

Post a Comment