About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ham Wild Rice Soup

I got this recipe from an old boss of mine when I worked in the office world and I make it all the time. This recipe freezes well so if you have leftovers pop them in the freezer for another time!

Ham Wild Rice Soup

2 tbsp butter
1/4 c flour
1/4 c onion
4 c chicken broth
2 c cooked wild rice
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c half and half
2 tbsp sherry
1/2 c chopped ham
1/2 c grated carrots
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
3 tbsp slivered almonds (optional)

Melt butter and saute onions, blend in flour. Gradually add in broth. Cook stirring constantly until it comes to a boil. Stir in rice and salt and simmer. Blend in half & half and sherry. Add the rest of the ingredients and heat. This freezes very well. WW points plus 1 cup = 6 points

No comments:

Post a Comment