About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Refridgerator Pickles

My friend Tammy called me and asked me if I had a recipe for refrigerator pickles and of course I said yes but after searching through all my recipes I couldn't find it. I knew that I had made them before and a recipe must be here but still couldn't find one. I searched through my mom's recipe box and found one from my Aunt Dorothy. She was a fantastic cook, even had her own restaurant, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with her recipe and I was right!

Refrigerator Pickles

7 cups of unpeeled sliced cucumbers, smaller the better
1 large onion, sliced
Combine:
1 c vinegar
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp celery seed
2 cups sugar
Heat just until sugar dissolves, let cool and pour over cucumbers. Let sit for at least 24 hours. These will last in your refrigerator for many, many months.

My boss said that his wife freezes these and then takes them out as needed. I have never tried to freeze them but it sure is worth the try since these pickles would sure taste great in the middle of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment