About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Turkey Chowder

This recipe is from a gal that I used to work with many, many years ago at my home town restaurant. She was the cook and everything she made was to die for including this recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Turkey Chowder

Dice 2 c cooked turkey
Shred 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese
Set aside.
Saute until soft but not brown:
1 c minced onion
1 c chopped carrots
1 c chopped celery
1/4 c butter or margarine
Blend in:
1/4 c flour
Gradually stir in:
2 c chicken broth
2 c milk
Cook until soup thickens. Stir in:
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
cheese and turkey
Heat just until cheese melts.

Yields 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment