About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken

Here's a great recipe when you are in a hurry and want something really good for dinner. This is the easiest, juiciest and best tasting chicken I have ever had.



Crock Pot Chicken

4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
*1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 large roasting chicken (mine was about 5.5 lbs)
1 cup sliced onion

Slice an onion thinly and place in bottom of the crock pot. Rinse and pat dry your chicken, Mix together all spices and rub over the entire bird, both sides. Place bird in crock pot on top of the sliced onions, set your crock pot and do not open until 5 hours are done, check with a thermometer and when done serve! I had a 5.5 lb bird and it took an hour longer to get to temperature so it is important that you check it before serving.

*Next time I would only add 1/2 the amount or maybe even none of the cayenne pepper, I thought it was just a little too spicy but then again I don't like much spice in my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment