About Me

I have a passion for making great food and I love to try new recipes. I hope that you will enjoy trying the recipes that I have tried and will like them as much as I do!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cheeseburger Soup

I got this recipe from Taste of Home's recipe of the day and it looked good, I had all the ingredients so I thought I'd give it a try and I am very glad I did, it tastes just like a cheeseburger!

Cheeseburger Soup

1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 c chopped onion
3/4 c shredded carrots
3/4 c chopped celery
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
4 tbsp butter, divided
3 c chicken broth
4 c peeled and diced potatoes
1/4 c all purpose flour
8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 1/2 c milk
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c sour cream

In a large pot brown beef, drain and set aside. In the same
pot add 1 tbsp butter and the onion, celery, carrots, basil
and parsley cook until veggies are tender, about 10 mins.
Add the broth, potatoes and beef, bring to a boil, cover
and reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins till potatoes
are tender.

In another pan add the rest of the butter and flour and
cook for 3-5 minutes until bubbly. Add to the soup. Bring
to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat
to low and stir in the cheese, milk and salt & pepper. Stir
until the cheese melts. Remove from the heat and stir
in the sour cream.

Yields 9 1 cup servings
7 points

No comments:

Post a Comment